Thursday 6 March 2014

Glimpses of Glory in Lent - day 2

Today I visited Mayfields in Ellesmere Port. This is a dementia care home run by Methodist Homes for the Aged (MHA). Here I met people who care deeply for those suffering from dementia and I met residents who were being enabled to live life as fully as possible and to continue to make their own choices even when that is very difficult.

I think of the words from Stephen Cherry's poem for today, 'Breath of God' http://bigbible.org.uk/2014/03/bigread14-breath-of-god/

Breath of God,
be my life this day;
be my compassion.
Breath of God,
be my connection with your
places of distress and darkness;
with your places of despair and desolation.

I glimpsed glory in Mayfields - a place of compassion and connection, a place where God's breath flows.

No comments: