Monday 20 October 2008

Colours of Scotland



Scotland looked at its most beautiful this weekend!

Travelling up on the 6am train to Glasgow I passed through the gently rolling hills of the Lowlands and later in the day was driven by Lily Twist up to Dunblane - with its Abbey and ecumenical centre (Scottish Churches House).

The beautiful stained glass memorial window was displayed at Woodlands Church in Glasgow where I was welcomed by the minister, Liz Adam and Daniel Finch of the Ghanaian Fellowship (pictured).








After a session at Woodlands on Communicating the Faith I received an equally warm welcome at Netherton Church where I led their Sunday morning service.


This is a coming together of two Methodist Churches in Wishaw, Lanarkshire, and it was clear that the amalgamation

had already had a positive effect on both congregations.


I was able to share in the birthdays of two of the most senior members and was pleased to hear about the activities of strong Girls and Boys Brigade Companies.


Stephen and I were well cared for by Lily and Colin Twist and I came back with a strong impression of the commitment of the members of the Methodist Church in Scotland - who 'punch above their weight' ! - as well as of the natural beauty of the country.



No comments: