Wednesday 22 April 2009

The smallest Synod in the connexion!!

I was privileged to Chair the ministerial Synod of the Shetland District - which must be the smallest one in our connexion.....and here they are




Rev Jeremy Dare (Chair); Rev Leonard Bridgeman; Deacon Elizabeth Colley (just retired within the District); Rev David Cooper (serving with the Church of Scotland); Rev Nigel Barton and Rev Malcolm McCall had just left when I remembered to take the photo! Dispensation was given to John Best - too ill to come from Fair Isle. The Synod business lasted a couple of minutes but we had a wonderful morni9ng of fellowship and sharing communion. It was special for me to be able to renew my own promises along with my colleagues.

1 comment:

Mr John Cooper said...

"The Synod business lasted a couple of minutes ...."

I can hear synod secretaries all over the country gasp in amazement at such a thought.

thanks for sharing your thoughts and photos from Shetland.

Warm Regards

john