Followers of Wesley first met here, in Cheshire, in 1811. The first society met in cottages, and preached in the open air, until in 1838 they built a chapel.
On Saturday 3 October we celebrated a 21st century venture of faith. Members have worked with the local community to create a wonderful new space.
The charm of the chapel has been maintained, but now it opens out into two new community rooms, a kitchen and toilets, all beautifully designed, so that they flow around the building.The modern arched windows mirror their 19th century counterparts and draw light into the multi-purpose space.
A time capsule was inserted into the building by children from the local school, and bricked up during the opening ceremony. The builder is a star!Congratulations to the superintendent minister Malcolm Lorimer, and the people of God in this place, for their vision and desire to meet the needs of their community, and share the love of God with their neighbours.