Thursday 21 June 2012

My last blog entry!


So here it is – my last blog entry!  If you have been – thank you for reading them during the past year.  If not then it’s been a really good way for me to relive and reflect on some of the events of this crazy, exhausting, exhilarating and grace-filled time.

And the last two weeks have been special too!  The Irish Methodist Conference will live long in the memory – not only for its courageous and forward-thinking decisions but for the privilege of preaching at the Conference Service in Enniskillen and meeting Joan Wilson, widow of Gordon Wilson, whose daughter was killed in the bombings on Remembrance Sunday 1987.  What a testimony to God’s grace they were and are!  Another tear-jerking moment!  And then being asked to preach and assist at the Ordination Service at the end of my year was as awesome as at its beginning.  Still I think the highlight to top all highlights! I learnt about rain in Ireland too – it’s heavier than ours!

My final District visit to Bolton and Rochdale was preceded by The Outcome Conference where I was warmly welcomed and glad to share in worship and discussion.  And of course it was good to return to another of my old churches - Seedfield in Bury – and see a good number of folk I didn’t know!  The District Service in Bolton will linger in my memory too for the worshipful worship group!  The Holy Spirit banner was a really good back-drop to worship and perhaps a good place for me to end – especially after my MHA sponsored walk tomorrow (still possible to sponsor me online at www.justgiving.com/revleoosborn!) and running with the “original” Olympic torch at Much Wenlock where the modern games originated – will leave me more exhausted than I am already!


As I hand The Presidential Torch on after the Ministerial Session of Conference please pray for Mark Wakelin and Mike King that God’s spirit of power may come upon them and equip them for all the days ahead and that the Spirit of peace would come upon me and give me – and you – a good rest!

God Bless.

No comments: