Wednesday 31 August 2011

Greenbelt!




A wonderful time at Greenbelt - even if only for one day! A pity I didn’t have the chance to read the programme on the way there rather than the way back so that I could have used every available minute and sampled even more “goodies” but as it happened it was really important to be in the Methodist tent and meet so many interesting people including someone from Sunday school days who I hadn’t seen for nearly 50 years!

I was so impressed with Greenbelt where different expressions of faith seemed to be able to live comfortably with each other because the focus was on Christ The King and what it means to live by Kingdom values. A picture of heaven maybe? I am so glad that the Methodist Church has invested time and money into Greenbelt. It seems to me to be so much at the heart of Our Priorities and of Our Discipleship that it would be silly not to!


In Birmingham now. It’s good to be back in the city of my birth to share in the Inauguration of the new Birmingham Circuit in the splendid surroundings of The Symphony Hall and to have a day off in the equally splendid surroundings of the “new” Edgbaston to join in Warwickshire’s march in the County Championship!

Next it’s London - Wesley Chapel on Sunday and the New Year Service at Methodist Church House on Wednesday. Please continue to pray for all who work and minister in London at this difficult time.

PS Update on Great North Run (18th September) 8 ½ miles in running so far - not sure I’ll manage much further but intent to walk some of it anyway! Keep praying - and giving!!

2 comments:

valerie said...

I am running it too. Probably won't see you among the thousands, but keep running the race....
Valerie Anslow
LP in Nene Valley Circuit

valerie said...

I am running it too. Probably won't see you among the thousands, but keep running the race....
Valerie Anslow
LP in Nene Valley Circuit