Monday 31 March 2014

Glimpses of Glory in Lent - Day 26

Doing Justice is the title of today's meditation (Sunday March 30th).
To do justice is the Lord's requirement of us, according to the prophet. Few of us would argue with that. The problem is that it isn't always easy to discern how to do justice.
Even when injustice is absolutely clear and we deplore it, it can be dificult to see how to do justice.
Humility, mercy and grace have to be our companions because only when we walk humbly and love mercy can we, with the grace of God begin to find the way to do justice.
When I know little about a situation or the people involved, issues can seem very clear and well defined. Often (not always) as I learn more, listen more and hear more it becomes less clear. Then I need humility and then I need to pray
...take me there kindly,
that my footsteps might be
mercy and grace,
mercy and grace,
mercy and grace,
mercy and grace,
mercy and grace,
for ever and ever and ever.
Amen.
Mercy and grace for ever.
Amen.
          (Doing Justice, Stephen Cherry)

Lord, help me to do justice, love mercy and walk humbly with you, relying on your grace and seeking to go kindly, day by day by day.

No comments: