Friday 8 July 2011

My First Blog!


Welcome to The President’s Blog! I have never written a blog before so hope this will be of some interest.

Back in the north-east eating fish and chips on Whitley Bay promenade and hardly believing Conference has happened! Was it really me there? But it was an amazing experience with the Ordination Service at Chester Cathedral probably the highlight and Leo’s Bar probably the lowlight! I was petrified by the thought of chairing Conference but Ken and Gareth were incredibly helpful and the members of Conference were incredibly gracious so got through it okay I think! So impressed by prayerful atmosphere and desire to listen to each other - what a change from a few years ago! Recovery day today before Durham, West Yorkshire and then to Norfolk for a few days holiday.

My already good friend and great colleague Ruth will I’m sure be blogging more often than I do but I will try and keep you in touch with things. First prayer item please - that Charlotte won’t spend too much on clothes for the Queens Garden Party! Secondly and more seriously I’d particularly value your prayers during this year. My itinerary is on the Presidential Prayer Card.

3 comments:

Richard Hall said...

Welcome to blogging!

David said...

I think the Presidential year has got off to a good start after one of the most productive conferences for many years. There is a change in atmosphere and I hope we give room for the Holy Spirit to move.

Todd A. Stepp said...

From a fellow Methodist on the other side of the pond (elder in the Church of the Nazarene; pastor of a United Methodist Church): Congratulations on your new role as President on the Methodist Conference! - May God's richest blessings, anointing and guidance be with you and the Vice-President!

(Your blog is listed on my blog roll at http://wesleyananglican.blogspot.com )

Your Brother in Christ,

Todd+